Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tags made special

So I wanted to send a little note to another blogger and instead of pulling out the stationery, I decided to use one of my large blue tags. They are great for a few lines of a note and because they are tags, you can make a fun tassel off of the end. I used some bits from making my embellishment nests. You can find color coordinated seam bindings and yarns here.

Here's how-

You will need:
seam binding, ribbons, yarns or trims  6 peices about 10 inches long
a parcel tag
a pencil (I like prismacolor pencils)
ruler


 Start by drawing lines on your tag, I like adding a flourish to the end of the line


2. Trim the ends of the seam bindings and ribbons diagonally to prevent fraying.
3. Lay fibers together and fold in half

4. Thread the fold into the hole of the tag


5. pull the loose ends of the fibers through the loop on the tag

6. Snug the fibers and fluff!




No comments:

Post a Comment