Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Ice Dye- The results!

Below are the images from my first ice dye bath. I think they turned out well! The baby hat on the left is super cute and I love that the fiber reactive dyed chemically bond to the fiber instead of just tinting them like the acid dyed.

My next batch is in the ice bath now! I am going for a more sophisticated color palette in the next run. What I have learned from this batch is that the lime green turns to yellow either on silk or when it is beside the reds. I did not add any yellow to the scarves, but it sure looks like I did except on the edges of the yellow and white.

I also like the blossom look to the tee shirt.  was hoping for a bit more "atmospheric" look. In the second batch, I have tried to leave more space where there is just ice and no dye with the thought that the dye water might wick.







No comments:

Post a Comment