Saturday, January 12, 2013

icy dying- first dye

Today I am starting a new dying technique featured on Dharma Trading Company's website a couple of weeks ago. See the step by step here! I am working with a variety of items on this first dye- two silk scarves, a tee shirt from Anvil and some baby hats from Snowflakes.

I am following Dharma's ice dying instructions to a tee, so I'm not going to re-invent the wheel for instructions. However, I will add some images of my process. The actual dying process take 24 hours. I have included a "map" to what items I have where in my container and what colors I put where. I will be interested to see what the colors look like and how they mix. By creating a map I can be a bit analytic in a process, though there are no guarantees of the outcome. This items went directly from the washer to the soda ash to the ice. I have other items that were washed, but not dyed. We will see if there is a difference!

Outcomes posted tomorrow!!!

Tight shot of the dye on the ice cubes.


The over all image of the ice with dyes on the garments.

A "map" of the colors used and the garments they are on.  I might have used more colors than listed, but this is a pretty good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment